Tuesday 26 March 2013

Advert Addiction?

Welcome! Since the last blog I have decided to go on a Facebook detox...which gives me more time to spend on my blogging, assignment and actually talking to people!

Today's blog is looking at the wonderful world of television adverts! This became my focus after watching Foyles War (yes, I am cool) and ITV only advertising their own programmes for a whole hour...how and why? 

At the moment, I am finding several adverts VERY annoying. Now, this could be because I have been watching too much telly or something but still, here are a few of the adverts which have my list (this is not a good place to be)...
  • You buy one, you get one free...I said you buy one...Safestyle Windows must have had this advertisement going on for a good 10 years? My sister and I know the number off by heart though, just in case you do actually want them!
  • Meerkats have become a family favourite with Compare the Meerkat - but have they become a victim of their own success? A man standing in his pants seems to suggest so! Fetch me my angry trousers!
  • A crying garden shed...know the one I mean? What on earth are we gaining from this advert? Other than Cuprinol calming down my shed, what else does it do? Oh wait, there goes my garden shed crying again, be right back.............
  • ............. And for goodness sake, will the nation ever be saved from the singing Welsh man? What do you want from me!!
Rant over.

There are also some adverts that I love at the moment, and I guess they deserve a mention too!
Thank you to those who commented on the last blog - it was lovely to hear from you!

Let me know if you agree/disagree/what adverts you love and hate :)

Ciao for now x

2 comments:

  1. Most Annoying!!
    http://youtu.be/lrMD_z_FnNk

    My favourite...
    http://youtu.be/R55e-uHQna0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, good choices!
    Barry Scott is extremely annoying!

    ReplyDelete