Wednesday 6 November 2013

Are companies social enough?

I am a student with very little time to do a lot of research into products and services that I want to buy - I do a lot of online shopping purely for ease, as I can order from my sofa and then go back to my uni work.

If I can't find the answer to my question quickly on a website I will turn to social media and pose my question to the company via Twitter, Facebook etc. It's perfect for me, it means that I can just go back to my work and wait for the answer to my question to come through to my phone/laptop.

But here is the thing that really bugs me... Sometimes I don't get a response! Sounds like I am just having a little rant, but it only bugs me when the company have tweeted since I posed my question. They tweet things about their company etc but are ignoring the questions/comments posed by customers!! WHY?! We live in a fast moving social world now and it seems that some companies are not able to keep up! Time to review your social media plan? I think so!

Don't get me wrong, if a company doesn't get back to me and don't tweet other things in between time then that is fine... and I do give them time to get back to me! But if you ignore me and tweet about other things that only benefit your business, you are likely to lose me as a customer! Harsh but true.

And lastly, another problem is when a company tweets back and then cannot deliver on actual customer service. One example is a well known phone company... Had a nightmare with them!

What are your thoughts? Had any good or bad experiences? I would love to hear about them!

----

This next coming week is a crazy one with assignment deadlines - so it is unlikely there will be a blog post! Someone get me back to this place...


Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment