Monday 11 March 2013

What is your weapon of choice...?

Much to the annoyance of some people, I am on social media all day every day. And this got me thinking about which social media channel people prefer to use.

The main channels that I use are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.

I love LinkedIn from a professional social point of view. The company pages are brilliant, especially for posting links to blogs and company updates. I haven't quite got into the discussions on groups yet but hopefully this is something that I will do in the future. I know a few people who have found this to be really beneficial. I don't think I would ever pay for the premium account though...seems like a slight waste of money?! (No offence if you have it!)

This has to be one of my favourites. 140 characters to portray your thoughts - perfect! Short, sweet and snappy is what I love about it! I use this both for personal use and to follow interesting companies/people. In my opinion I don't have a problem with employers seeing this as I don't really write anything bad on there and it can give people an insight into who I am etc. Hashtags and tagging is a great way to connect to people and see how relationships can be formed. And of course it offers the odd cat picture - purrrrfect!

Fairly new to this so it is taking me a while to build up my boards and pin on a regular basis! I love the idea of an online pinboard - which I can share with my friends and build my ideas for different projects such as my house (I can but dream!)

And last but by no means least... Facebook! Well there won't be a link to my Facebook because I am going to keep that as private as possible! Where would my friendships be without good old FB?! I use this to keep in contact with my friends and post photos of our days and nights out. 

So...my question is what is your preferred method of keeping social? Does it differ between personal use and company use? It would be great to hear your thoughts!

Feel free to have a mooch around the links...connect, follow, repin!

Ciao x

1 comment:

  1. Facebook created the solution to having your friends all in one place, but also caused the problem of having all your friends in one place. That's why everyone is spread about over several channels to find the one that suits them. I've just started perfecting my linked in and it seems quite useful. Facebook is the place where everyone pretends to be happy while twitter provides freedom of speech.
    Great blog by the way, good length posts and you've got your calls to action sust! :P

    ReplyDelete