Tuesday 5 February 2013

How do you choose a uni?

At college or 6th form? Wondering what to do next? Considering studying business or marketing at uni?

Four years ago I was in your shoes! At 17 I had no idea where I wanted to be in 5 years time, but I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in marketing and I wanted to go to uni. I had considered the other options of work-based learning or college but for me uni was the way forward.

The next task was choosing a course. After evaluating the different one available I chose Business and Marketing because I wanted to do Marketing and also get an insight into the other areas of Business.

I chose Sheffield Hallam because I fell in love with the city and the course.

I absolutely love my course and the whole university experience, and I would recommend it to anyone who was thinking about going - but I really do believe that the higher tuition fees should be considered too, there are so many other options to look into!

Top things to consider when choosing a uni course:

  • Look into the modules for each year - do you like the sound of at least 90%? (I didn't like the finance but love everything else!)
  • Is there a sandwich year available? (I cannot stress how much experience you will get from this)
  • Do you think you want to study this non-stop for 3/4 years? (It isn't like A-Levels!)
  • Do you like writing essays and reading around the subject? (It has to be done)
Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment