Friday 2 May 2014

Exam stress busters...

My first exam is NEXT WEEK, and yes I am revising but I needed a 5 min break so I am writing this and having a cup of tea. Nobody panic but the countdown is well and truly here, there's only 4 days to go before I will be sitting in a hall with sweaty palms so I won't be able to hold my pen properly...

Having not done an exam since before my placement year I am in a slight panic about writing non-stop for 2 hours... Preparing for cramp/hand spasms! And the 'rules' seem to have changed an awful lot in the past year, so let's hope I don't break any of those!

Right so today is a quick post about different coping methods of exam stress/worries, with my top tips!

1. Drink lots of tea!
As you may know I love love love tea. Therefore I drink a lot of it whilst revising, plus making a brew takes you away from reading and straining your eyes. Green or fruit tea is a great detox too so I have stocked up on my berries teabags!

2. Buy some good dunkers!
Find your perfect biscuit to accompany your tea! (Note this does not apply to green/fruit tea, obviously)

3. Eat lots of 'brain foods'
For example salmon and greens - YUM (instantly Einstein?)

4. Have a kit-kat or Diet Coke (aka break)
Thrown a little bit of marketing in there with the classic break snacks...? But yes, lots of breaks to absorb what you have read/written and to stop you wanting to have a sob...

5. Celebrate after exams!
Pretty self explanatory....
We are going to the pub after our last exam I think, it's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Right I am heading back to hit the books now... Notecards are EVERYWHERE

Good luck to anyone else taking exams!

Ciao xx

(p.s thanks to my flatmate for inspiring the post title...)

No comments:

Post a Comment